[RFC|Rejected] Show locked topics below open topics option

These RFCs were either rejected or have been replaced by an alternative proposal. They will not be included in phpBB.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: [RFC] Show locked topics below open topics option

Post by DavidIQ »

Unknown Bliss wrote:And as far as I know the ticket can be created whenever, if the RFC is rejected the ticket will just be closed?
Yes, that can obviously be done but it seems that you just assumed this was going to be done and automatically did the tracker ticket. Just an observation really since that is not the common practice for RFCs here because it creates yet an additional place to discuss these things.

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

I think that an Improvement ticket is acceptable at any point. However, if you also start an RFC to discuss things, a link from the ticket to the RFC is a good idea (I added a comment to the ticket linking back here for this one). That might help the dual discussion problem. :)

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

Pony99CA wrote:I think that an Improvement ticket is acceptable at any point. However, if you also start an RFC to discuss things, a link from the ticket to the RFC is a good idea (I added a comment to the ticket linking back here for this one). That might help the dual discussion problem. :)

Steve
errr...
Description wrote:RFC: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=43071

"At the moment if you lock a topic it stays where it is in the forumlist order. However quite often this is accompanied by a reply; meaning you get locked topics pushed to the top of forumlist.

This would be a per-forum option and would display the locked topics after the unlocked topics."
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

It's perfectly fine to create a ticket immediately so that one is able to work on a proof of concept implementation which requires a ticket id exist to refer to in commit messages. As mentioned above the ticket will just be closed if the result of the RFC is not to pursue a proposal further.

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

I don't like this idea as a core feature.
I do like to have appropriate events that allow making an extension for this, though.
This is really useful for the ones that have a bulletin board and uses a forum form that bulletin board as a support "ticket" system. When it's closed, then all is solved and may be sent to the end of the list

Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by Senky »

So what about adding new option when creating new forum? I do not think there are thousands of them now (like general options), so adding one more (which is really helpful one!) would be great...