[RFC|Rejected] Removal of subsilver2

These RFCs were either rejected or have been replaced by an alternative proposal. They will not be included in phpBB.
code reader

Re: subsilver2

Post by code reader »

naderman wrote:There have been a few more than 70.000 transmitted reports since we added it in 3.0.6. I'll try to throw together at least a few basic web accessible reports this week that everyone can look at. Right now it's only accessible through SQL queries ;-)
70,000?!
i'm mightily impressed!

(oh, and do they basically represent 70,000 different sites, or does this number include "repeats"?)

onehundredandtwo

Post by onehundredandtwo »

I'm all for removing subsilver2. Style authors can always bring it back, is there really any need for it to be an official (as in "made by phpBB" official) any more?

PS. I only just noticed the new forums on Area51 today. 8-)
Need help preventing spam? Read Preventing spam in phpBB 3.0.6 and above

Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

code reader wrote:
naderman wrote:There have been a few more than 70.000 transmitted reports since we added it in 3.0.6. I'll try to throw together at least a few basic web accessible reports this week that everyone can look at. Right now it's only accessible through SQL queries ;-)
70,000?!
i'm mightily impressed!
I'm also impressed..
code reader wrote:(oh, and do they basically represent 70,000 different sites, or does this number include "repeats"?)
If they also store the domain name with the script path.... I think you can remove the dublicate entries...
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

Rotsblok wrote:
code reader wrote:(oh, and do they basically represent 70,000 different sites, or does this number include "repeats"?)
If they also store the domain name with the script path.... I think you can remove the dublicate entries...
No, I don't think they do cause of privacy rules ect.,

Anyway, subsilver...
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

Ashley.S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

I think subsilver2 should be dropped and someone should try and turn it into a proSilver based style

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

Ashley.S. wrote:turn it into a proSilver based style
What do you mean? Use the formatting and image-sets and slot that into a prosilver template.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

Ashley.S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

Unknown Bliss wrote:
Ashley.S. wrote:turn it into a proSilver based style
What do you mean? Use the formatting and image-sets and slot that into a prosilver template.
yes, kind of what you saw me do at my phpBB3 board when it was open (add the forum icon legend, spruce up the stat boxes, etc.) to a similar styling of subsilver2

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

naderman wrote:Unfortunately we do not currently transmit a list of installed styles. I guess I should add that for 3.0.8.
Maybe also the language-packages? would be quit interesting :geek:
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

donny

Post by donny »

Wow, you guys got to let me know if subsilver2 gets dumped. I have spent all my time trying to tweak it in, since I first obtained the php software. I like the style myself.
I was going to ask this question, but maybe not.
display online chat users in subsilver2 on the index page, while others are in the chat.
Here's my car forum.
[removed]
Last edited by camm15h on Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link not necessary, thanks!

onehundredandtwo

Post by onehundredandtwo »

As far as I know, style authors will still be able to use subsilver2 in phpBB 3.1, but there just won't be an *official* subsilver2 style by the phpBB team.
Need help preventing spam? Read Preventing spam in phpBB 3.0.6 and above