Notifications drop down list

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
RMcGirr83

Notifications drop down list

Post by RMcGirr83 »

I have noticed that when clicking on the "mark all notifications read" link in the notification drop down that the drop down still displays. Would it be better to hide the notification drop down after a user clicks the mark all read link?

Discuss.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Re: Notifications drop down list

Post by DavidIQ »

Well...not that I'm advocating for Facebook nor am I agreeing that they're doing it right BUT the current way it works in 3.1 is how it works in such places so people are basically used to this behavior. It might annoy more people to close the notifications bubble after clicking the "Mark all as read" link than keeping it the way it is now. I don't really have an opinion either way though.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Fair enough. I don't do facecrack anymore so can't speak of that. Wonder why one would want to have it remain open.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

My best guess is that one would mark them all as read to get rid of the number in the browser title or the globe icon and then selectively click on the one(s) one would want to read. But I think we could lean in either direction depending on which way the majority feels makes more sense or is a better flow.

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM