Hi Everyone, I have been working out on how we can implement all of these and I think I may have a solution. Please do tell me if you like this idea and if you like to see this in prosilver Core. Bascially, I feel that alot of links in the Navbar needs to be tidied up. This is what I have come up with:
These are the changes I suggest:
1) Introduce a "Username" in the Navbar before notification, PM, etc..
2) When we hover over this Username, I would like to see a drop down similar to notification that lists the following Options:
a) Signed in as: Username (optional)
c) User Control Panel
d) Sign Out
3) If the username is clicked directly without clicking on the lists in drop-down, then it takes you to the user profile page.
4) The following edits can be added to this drop down:
a) Show the user avatar before Profile link. If no avatar, show a default one.
b) Use a Wheel Icon for User Control Panel.
c) We can also add the existing logout icon for Sign out if needed.
5) The following other changes are done to the navbar:
a) Remove the User Control Panel link from Navbar since it now comes under the username drop down.
b) Remove the LogOut Link on the right side of the navbar since its no longer needed and it will be redundant.
6) Introduce View Active Topics Link: Now that we have removed other links from the navbar, this create more space to add additional links to the Navbar itself. Would LOVE IT if the View Active Topics is added to this Navbar. This is an important link I feel and so far the limitation has been the confined space. But after removing the other links in the above method, we may now be able to add active topics links in Navbar itself. Here is the RFC
What do you all think?
Please note that the above image is just a sample and I havent used the correct colour theme and fonts. But you get the idea....
Can this be added to the core?