[RFC] Auth Plugin Refactoring & User Integration

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
mauro.botta

Re: [RFC] Auth Plugin Refactoring & User Integration

Post by mauro.botta »

Is there any mod for login with email using phpbb 3.1 ?

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

mauro.botta wrote:Is there any mod for login with email using phpbb 3.1 ?
There are no MODs for 3.1. Only extensions. And no there is no extension for this thus far that I'm aware of.

forkless

Post by forkless »

Hardolaf wrote:@standalonous
I never finished the registration page for it. However, you can create a new account by attempting to login with facebook or google or another provider. It'll take you to a screen where you enter your phpBB account details. Also, at this time I believe it does require you to set a password, but it's been 7 months since I looked at the code so I'm not completely certain.

If I get time, I will definitely try to finish it up if someone else doesn't. However, I'm currently in the process of moving into a new place, starting work in my summer job, and taking care of some family issues so I'll make no promises as to whether or not I'll have time.
I tried to create a new user account after being redirected by the Google oauth however the message I get is;

Code: Select all

Information

Creating a new account is currently not possible.
I take it nobody got around of implementing this yet. Anyway from your last statement I take this functionality was already in scope for you guys. Should I be putting in a bug report instead of a feature request?