[RFC] Show number by each post

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
DarkBeing

Re: [RFC] Show number by each post

Post by DarkBeing »

Or give it different colors, i.e. "black" = read, "red" = unread.

Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

DarkBeing wrote:Or give it different colors, i.e. "black" = read, "red" = unread.
Something like that yes, bold/unbold will probably not be different enough if you scroll through a topic looking for the first unread post.
Available on .com
Support Toolkit developer

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

Erik Frèrejean wrote:
DarkBeing wrote:Or give it different colors, i.e. "black" = read, "red" = unread.
Something like that yes, bold/unbold will probably not be different enough if you scroll through a topic looking for the first unread post.
bold/normal isn't that bad: http://cl.ly/2q3N0C0b0U3L1Y00190n
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

It is "that" bad. If you scroll a little bit faster you won't notice if the text is bold or not. If you want to remove the icon at least use different colors.

Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

callumacrae wrote:
Erik Frèrejean wrote:
bold/normal isn't that bad: http://cl.ly/2q3N0C0b0U3L1Y00190n
Currently there is a clear difference which is also notable when you scroll quickly through a topic, but IMO bold/normal is harder to differentiate and therefore a step back from the current behavior.
Indicating read/unread is a more important task of that indicator that displaying some random ID that doesn't add anything important, so sacrificing a clear indication on read/unread for the sake of showing "w00t this is post #...." is a big no go.

[edit]
Marc beat me to it
Available on .com
Support Toolkit developer

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

Why not mix both? Mix both bold anc change of color? It should work better that way, no?

jsebean

Post by jsebean »

brunoais wrote:Why not mix both? Mix both bold anc change of color? It should work better that way, no?
Agreed.
-Jonah