[RFC] Multiple CAPTCHAs

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

[RFC] Multiple CAPTCHAs

Post by MichaelC »

A system in which would have a number of ACP CAPTCHA options:
  • Show all enabled CAPTCHAs on the registration page (Therefore they can enable say two CAPTCHAs and the user has to solve both).
    • Sub-option (Checkbox only appears with this method) - Only show an additional CAPTCHA if the user fails it x times.
  • Randomly show one of the enabled CAPTCHAs (Therefore it would randomly pick one of the enabled CAPTCHAs and the user then has to solve it. They can choose to refresh the same CAPTCHA plugin or get another random plugin).
  • Both. It shows x CAPTCHAs which will be random (Requires 3 or more enabled CAPTCHAs)
While some bots can crack Q&A. Some can crack reCAPTCHA and some can even crack games. How many could solve multiple CAPTCHAs at the same time?
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

imkingdavid

Re: [RFC] Multiple CAPTCHAs

Post by imkingdavid »

I would be very put off by a website if it required me to perform multiple captcha's just to register or guest post.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.