[RFC] jQuery Mobile

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
brunoais

Re: [RFC] jQuery Mobile

Post by brunoais »

callumacrae wrote:
brunoais wrote:Instead of this, themes should be made in a way so that it contains @media types to be used when screens are smaller.
I believe there should be no difference in the HTML between the mobile screens and the PC screens
Most of the point in mobile styles is that they are smaller, and so load faster. You're suggesting making them bigger?!
Hum... smaller... Well... for that there's already Opera mini but I respect what you have written. It does make sense to reduce the amount of bytes for the mobile version. Anyway, I still think that this needs more discussion and the users of the main forum (non regular area51 users) should comment on this before implementing.
Please remember that the dev team already has 2 themes to take care of. If there's an added theme new versions may take even more time to come out.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

3.2 will not have subsilver2.

Volksdevil

Post by Volksdevil »

It's a real shame this never got going it seems?

I'm currently really struggling to make my mobile compatible website (With jquery) also have a matching mobile compatible version of the forum.

Jquerymobile has come a long way now and I'd love to see it implemented. It's all well and good going for 'Responsive styles' instead, but what about the probable majority of mobile compatible websites (Via jquerymobile) that have a phpbb forum to convert too? I'm currently using the artodia mobile but I just can't get it to match the rest of the website/forum which uses jquerymobile. :cry:

No development here? > https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2091769

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

I don't really understand why this should be done, btw...