[RFC] Beter warning system

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
demon326

[RFC] Beter warning system

Post by demon326 »

Foreword:
On this moment phpbb 3.0.x has a good warning system, but it really lacks complexity, you can give users warns for what ever reason you can think off, you can also define when the amount of days it expires, but those features are really "simple", there are some mods out that enhance the current warning system, mods like "Warning reasons, ban by number of warnings,.." but there just mods, and they still don't have the 'freedom" of the Vbb infraction system, what i am trying to says is that the current system lacks the "warning groups" feature.

DESCRIPTION:
Please see the advanced quoted description text here: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=32934 (to much to past it here again)
Lets say that a user is doing spam on youre board, then you warn him with the reason "Spaming", to the reason there are points attacht, for this lets say 10 warn points that can expire after the time set, it be years, months,days, hours or never.. when the user reaches the limit off, lets say 30 points he gets a ban, if he has lets say 40 points, he gets a permban..
The infraction system allows you and your moderators to flexibly reprimand problem users. Create as many types of infractions as you want to represent any type of rules violation on your board. Each infraction has a controllable weight (points) and an option to allow it to be applied only as a warning, which alerts the user to their violation but doesn’t give them any points. Additionally, the points given to a user for a violation can be automatically removed after a specified amount of time via the Scheduled Tasks system.
features:
  • Users can clearly see what they did wrong
  • modding becomes easier, cause you only need to add points that are connected to a reason
  • you can easily define new reasons and adjust the settings
  • PM on recieving a new infration..
  • Many other features..
  • http://www.vbulletin-faq.com/moderation-infraction.htm all of them
Display:
  • display the points in the User profile, only visible to mods/admins and the user itself.
  • when giving the user a infraction, you open a screen that allows you to select one, eg "spam" 10 points.
  • In the user ucp, a table with the following info: topic/post(as link) date recieved, date expires, posted by, eg the mod that gave the infraction
  • automated topic in a certain forum, so you can discuss what to do
  • and again, many oter places, like the ACP/MCP......
This is really something that should make it into the core, it be 3.1.0 or a other version... it doesn't need to have the same name, but it would be nice if it contains the features of the VBB infraction system.... ;)

Nelsaidi

Re: [RFC] Beter warning system

Post by Nelsaidi »

// post removed

Christy

Re: [RFC] Better* warning system

Post by Christy »

I agree as I mentioned in that post. I really think there should be a bit more advanced warning system. I like that there are some 'Ban after X warnings" MODs and "Warning Reasons" which totally could be useful to many people. I would love to see an infraction system similar to vB but that isn't the only thing that could be done. If there was just a few more options that were involved when warns (like including points for warnings when you reach a certain amount of points you are banned temporarily and/or permanently) that would be great to see.

Nelsaidi

Post by Nelsaidi »

I will hopefully try and make a mod for an improved warning system, hopefully could then be included in 3.2 .

Christy

Post by Christy »

Nelsaidi wrote:I will hopefully try and make a mod for an improved warning system, hopefully could then be included in 3.2 .
Sounds good. Anything more advanced than the current one would be amazing :).

demon326

Post by demon326 »

Nelsaidi wrote:I will hopefully try and make a mod for an improved warning system, hopefully could then be included in 3.2 .
make one for 3.1.0, 3.2.0 is a long way! :D

Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

demon326 wrote:
3.1.x is feature frozen so this won't be included before 3.2.0.
Available on .com
Support Toolkit developer

demon326

Post by demon326 »

Erik Frèrejean wrote:
demon326 wrote:
3.1.x is feature frozen so this won't be included before 3.2.0.
Erik, if you look at his post, you see he mentions a mod, not a part of the core ;)