On this moment phpbb 3.0.x has a good warning system, but it really lacks complexity, you can give users warns for what ever reason you can think off, you can also define when the amount of days it expires, but those features are really "simple", there are some mods out that enhance the current warning system, mods like "Warning reasons, ban by number of warnings,.." but there just mods, and they still don't have the 'freedom" of the Vbb infraction system, what i am trying to says is that the current system lacks the "warning groups" feature.
Please see the advanced quoted description text here: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=32934 (to much to past it here again)
Lets say that a user is doing spam on youre board, then you warn him with the reason "Spaming", to the reason there are points attacht, for this lets say 10 warn points that can expire after the time set, it be years, months,days, hours or never.. when the user reaches the limit off, lets say 30 points he gets a ban, if he has lets say 40 points, he gets a permban..
features:The infraction system allows you and your moderators to flexibly reprimand problem users. Create as many types of infractions as you want to represent any type of rules violation on your board. Each infraction has a controllable weight (points) and an option to allow it to be applied only as a warning, which alerts the user to their violation but doesn’t give them any points. Additionally, the points given to a user for a violation can be automatically removed after a specified amount of time via the Scheduled Tasks system.
- Users can clearly see what they did wrong
- modding becomes easier, cause you only need to add points that are connected to a reason
- you can easily define new reasons and adjust the settings
- PM on recieving a new infration..
- Many other features..
- http://www.vbulletin-faq.com/moderation-infraction.htm all of them
- display the points in the User profile, only visible to mods/admins and the user itself.
- when giving the user a infraction, you open a screen that allows you to select one, eg "spam" 10 points.
- In the user ucp, a table with the following info: topic/post(as link) date recieved, date expires, posted by, eg the mod that gave the infraction
- automated topic in a certain forum, so you can discuss what to do
- and again, many oter places, like the ACP/MCP......