Search found 1800 matches

by DavidIQ
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:31 pm
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: Getting involved in development
Replies: 11
Views: 1730

Re: Getting involved in development

Most projects will only create a version branch once there is a beta or even alpha out, neither of which we've released. Once that happens, as is the case with most other projects that use source control, it will be created off of what is in master. Therefore whatever is marked as done in the 3.3 mi...
by DavidIQ
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:59 pm
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: phpBB 3.3 (Proteus) change to 4.0?
Replies: 8
Views: 565

Re: Getting involved in development

Ok I see what happened there and why you're probably confused. The 4.0 tag was just created and GitHub for some reason reassigned things. 3.3 will still be a release though.
by DavidIQ
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:39 pm
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: phpBB 3.3 (Proteus) change to 4.0?
Replies: 8
Views: 565

Re: Getting involved in development

That's 4.0 and not an indication that 3.3 is 4.0. See this: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/milestone/11
by DavidIQ
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:08 pm
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: phpBB 3.3 (Proteus) change to 4.0?
Replies: 8
Views: 565

Re: Getting involved in development

No that has not been something we've decided to do (not been discussed either) nor have we announced anything to even hint at such a change. Also that is completely off topic.
by DavidIQ
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:23 pm
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: Getting involved in development
Replies: 11
Views: 1730

Re: Getting involved in development

Is 3.3 in its current version already PHP 7.3 compatible, or does that still need some work? Still needs work: https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-15828 There might be some other 7.3-related issues as well outside of what was reported there. You'd have to poke around a phpBB forum running on th...
by DavidIQ
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:54 pm
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: Getting involved in development
Replies: 11
Views: 1730

Re: Getting involved in development

Shouldn't this be properly documented then? I read there is a suggestion to create an RFC under phpbb4, and then create a related link in area51 forum. Isn't that still the case then? We stopped doing RFCs after 3.1 was released and was basically replaced by the Ideas feature on phpbb.com to make i...
by DavidIQ
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:02 pm
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: Getting involved in development
Replies: 11
Views: 1730

Re: Getting involved in development

- First of all, who decides what goes in which branch? I mean, how is a change considered small enough to be able to go into 3.2 Only fixes should go into a released version's branch, in this case 3.2.x. For the most part the only time a feature will be considered for inclusion in a released versio...
by DavidIQ
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:14 pm
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: LOGIN API FOR EXTERNAL USAGE
Replies: 3
Views: 1416

Re: LOGIN API FOR EXTERNAL USAGE

I had started an API extension a while back and, while it's super raw and has very little or useful functionality, it should give you an idea of where you might start and incorporates some of what posey mentions: https://github.com/DavidIQ/forumapi I would be very weary of using an API for auth purp...
by DavidIQ
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:07 am
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: Pre-set PM Subject
Replies: 1
Views: 734

Re: Pre-set PM Subject

Proper place for this is where you already posted it: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2503821
by DavidIQ
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:07 am
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: Control panel module system
Replies: 17
Views: 2613

Re: Control panel module system

I think the concerns about backwards compatibility are well founded here and should be considered whenever this work actually takes place. Inconveniencing extension developers is manageable/understandable; ticking them all off is not as easily manageable. Even though this topic is mostly pie in the ...